Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blessings Everyone!


We all have them...from the wonderful gifts of family and friends to the peaceful quiet solitude of a graceful sunrise. It's wonderful really...


I was talking to my husband this morning and I asked him if he was happy...His response was..."Yes, darlin' wonderfully happy." Then he said, "Which begs the question...are you?"


Well, I knew that was coming, we've been married many years now. Long enough to almost anticipate what one another is going to say.
I had to think for a moment...not because I wasn't happy, but because there is so much going on in our lives right now. Funds are short...my daughter and her husband moved, so I don't get to be with them as often as I like, our business recently failed, my wonderful family; siblings, Mom, and nieces and nephews are all living across the country from me.

Yet, amidst it all, my relationship with the Lord has become stronger and because of that relationship...I do have peace, joy, and contentment. There is no other reason for my sense of peace during this time of turmoil. So Lord...I thank you!

I'm so thankful to be able to sit in front of my computer and post this message. I don't know where you are in your faith or if you have any at all...but my challenge to you is that if you have not sought the blessings of your Lord and Savior, now may be the time.

If it is peace amidst the storm that you seek...then find a quiet moment to sit and be embraced by your King.

"come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

Thanks for stopping by everyone! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment