Monday, January 4, 2010

Abide In Me...


I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. John 12:46

Not that long ago, I realized that I wasn't where I wanted to be in my relationship with the Lord. I had let the worries and concerns of this world stifle my "closeness" with the Savior.


I got up one morning to feed my pups and stood on the patio waiting for them to come back in. I looked up and said, "Good morning Father...I love you...thank you for all you given me. Draw me closer to you."


I came inside and couldn't help but recall the verse above. I took my Bible and prayed that I would ABIDE in Him, and draw close to Him. I asked that He would send His Holy Spirit, that I might know Him better, that His Word would speak to my heart.


I read His Word with new awareness and closeness. I felt His Spirit fall upon me, almost as if being caressed. It was like a spiritual "hug" from my heavenly Father...I felt like crying because I knew it was Him.


I have continued to pray that I would Abide in Him. It has changed my walk, my Spiritual eyes, and my awareness of His power, and presence.


May your life be filled with His presence and love for now and always...In Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment